Summer 2022 Opportunities
HC3 is now accepting applications for Waste Diversion and Sustainable Food positions.
Click on the position titles below for details and application instructions.
Opening: Marketing & Events Manager
The High Country Conservation Center (HC3) is a community non-profit organization that promotes resource conservation in Summit County, Colorado. Programs including recycling and composting, climate action, energy conservation, water conservation and sustainable food production. HC3 engages residents, visitors and businesses in protecting our local environment.
General Description of Duties
The Marketing and Events Manager promotes HC3 through marketing, events and support of donor relations. The Manager will plan and execute all marketing and outreach campaigns, as well as oversee fundraising events. The Manager will assist the Executive Director with fundraising through outreach to donors and event sponsorships. This position reports to the Community Programs Director and has one direct report, the Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator. The Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator is a new position that will be posted in May 2022.
Send cover letter and résumé to Rachel Zerowin at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, April 14.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing or communications.
- Minimum of three years’ marketing experience.
- Experience planning and executing events.
- Strong interest in environmental stewardship and conservation.
Skills and Attributes
- Experience in the development, execution and management of successful marketing campaigns.
- Established community relationships or ability to develop relationships and partnerships.
- Ability to create, implement and manage budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
- Outstanding computer skills with ability to manage complex data in Sales Force database.
- Basic production graphic design skills to create workshop flyers or modify creative.
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing and Outreach (70%)
- Create annual marketing and events plan with associated budget.
- Lead all marketing, public relations and outreach efforts in partnership with program staff while ensuring that branding and messaging are consistent.
- Execute campaigns using all marketing platforms including social media, e-newsletters, web, video, print ads and flyers, radio, etc. Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator will assist with some campaign execution tasks that may include social media posts and ads, traditional advertising placement and e-newsletter creation.
- Hire and manage outside marketing contractors as needed to create marketing campaign assets.
- Lead photo and video shoots for marketing campaigns.
- Identify key marketing metrics and provide campaign results reports.
- Establish relationships with local media and other partners to promote HC3.
- Attend local networking events to cultivate formal partnerships and promote HC3’s programs.
Event Management (20%)
- Oversee the successful execution of the Party for the Planet event, our largest annual fundraiser held in March, which raises over $100,000 annually.
- Lead smaller fundraising and “friend-raising” community events – approximately three events annually.
- Create plans that increase revenue for existing fundraising events.
- Develop event budgets, lead event committees, sell sponsorships and support silent auction planning (with assistance from Board & Staff) and manage HC3 staff assisting with events.
- Provide detailed attendance and financial tracking during and after events.
Donor Relations and Data Management (20%)
- Manage donor database (Sales Force) with assistance from Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator to ensure proper tracking and communication with donors and contacts.
- Lead HC3’s Fundraising Committee. Oversee Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator to provide donor reporting compared to goals.
- Create fundraising plan in conjunction with Fundraising Committee and Executive Director.
- Provide Executive Director and Board of Directors data and tools to develop, strengthen, and maintain current and prospective donor relationships.
- Create and execute annual appeal letter to existing and prospective donors with Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator.
- Generate annual report to communicate community impacts to donors and partners.
- Train Board and Staff on techniques to improve fundraising with assistance from Executive Director.
Position Information and Benefits
The position is full-time, year-round with the following benefits: health insurance, long-term disability insurance, IRA match and paid time off. Schedule is Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm with some weekends and evening events required. Staff work in the Frisco office four days/week and from home one day/week, with additional flexibility allowed. HC3 does have a COVID vaccination policy for employees. Salary range is $48,000 to $65,000.
Latin Community Outreach Coordinator
The Latin Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Community Programs Team in the preparation and execution of Waste Diversion education and events, with a special focus on Latin and Spanish-speaking residents. Apply by May 2.
Sustainable Food Internship
Sustainable Food Intern: These part-time seasonal internships support day-to-day operations of the CSA and Grow to Share programs. Previous gardening, greenhouse, or culinary experience is desired but not required. Apply by May 1.
A great way to get involved is to volunteer with us!
Volunteer opportunities with HC3
Assistant Farmer: This part-time seasonal position assists in the day-to-day operations of the CSA farm, including the production, harvest and preparation of CSA shares, daily opening and closing duties, and any additional tasks as needed. One to two years of experience in farm or production garden role is required. Apply by April 1.
Grow to Share Assistant: This part-time seasonal position assists in the day-to-day operations of Grow to Share, a food donation and education program. One to two years of experience in farm or production garden role is required. Apply by April 1.